Monday, April 2, 2012

11 Weeks (Until Summer)

Hello, darlings!

I hope you weren't fooled too terribly badly yesterday, but now that we've passed the fool's day, onwards to spring! Today was a refreshing (and quite unexpected) 61 (!!!!) degrees and, boy, was it lovely!

Thankfully I have developed quite a fondness of being a student in recent years, as my time these days is spent almost entirely working through my mathematics homework. It's interesting, actually, as before this quarter I thought I was only fond of being a student as long as it pertained to subjects that intrigued, but did not intimidate me. Well here I am in a 10 credit class that would have normally (and still does, at times) seize me with anxiety, and I find myself enjoying the challenge of it all. If I could just be a student for the rest of my days, I'd be one very happy clam. I'm actually anticipating attending a brief seminar tomorrow about mathematical patterns found in nature... no extra credit involved. Who IS this girl who's semi embracing math? I'm in shock.

I do find, however, that the busier my schedule is, the more I try to maximize my free time. I went to an art gallery on Sunday that I'd never been to, which was beyond wonderful for my soul. I will never tire of the stale walls and hushed hallways brimming with the works of people muddling through life - artists trying to find a way to express the world - their lives - sometimes their lives to the world. It's unsettling, graphic, moving, and beautiful. I can't get enough of it, and I can't wait to learn more. I have also begun to carve out time in the evenings to unwind and continue working through my eternal stack of books. I'm continuously trying to find the right balance, but aren't we all? (I know I say it again and again, but, my goodness, life truly is heart-filled quagmire.)

I hope you were able to break out your most summery sandals today, and reflect a little on this week leading up to Easter. We are all so very blessed.

Adoringly,
Yours

p.s. These darling little flats, and this song on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment